Saturday, December 21, 2013

Today marks two years.


Last night I was trying to find something in my room and ended up looking through old photos of the family. This is something I love to do, look at photos. Little moments of time captured for us to remember. Marveling at how much my kids look alike (SO many of Amanda that look just like Mabel does now!). In the back of my mind though I kept thinking about how the photos we have of Josiah are finite. There will never be more, no new ones to add. I was feeling pretty blue about it. I just prayed that the Lord would give me strength, since obviously on my own this just plain stinks. 

And you know what? The Lord cares. He loves us SO much! 

So much so that that prayer that I sent up in the midst of my little pity party, He chose to answer.

 First thing I see this morning was a message from my sweet friend Michelle. She (unbeknownst to her) sent me a picture that I'd never seen before, that very hour I prayed. How amazing is that!?!?

I'll tell you.

It's pretty stinking amazing.




But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Psalm 5:11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I first read of your loss on "This Beautiful Mess", and my heart broke for you & your family. I have often used your story at the crisis pregnancy center where I volunteer. That yes, you can do this with (1-2-3...) children, and do it well.

I simply cannot believe that was two years ago. My prayers are with you.

Godly-young-widow said...

Wow; what a blessing! I did pray for you the other day, praise God for how He is answering!